Pools naturally lose water from too much sun (evaporation) and too much fun (splashing). So how do you know if you have a leak problem? To complicate matters, leaks may occur in a variety of places – cracks in the pool material, around the drain or lights, or in the return lines or skimmers. Answering ‘yes’ to any of the questions below make it a good idea to get a professional evaluation.
- Does your pool or spa regularly lose more than ¼ inch of water within a 24 hour period?
- Do you find yourself adding two or more inches of water to your pool or spa each week?
- Do you have tiles that continue to fall off the pool, even after you repair them?
- Are your water bills higher than normal?
- Do you need more chemicals to keep the pool in balance? (If you have a pool service, be sure to ask.)
- Do you have soggy or ‘greener than normal’ areas in your yard?