Bucket Test Leak Detection
As your swimming pool leak detection expert, we use the Bucket Test, a tool that detects if your water leak or pool leak. Here’s the steps for a proper bucket test.
- Make sure the water in the pool is at a normal operating level.
- Fill a 5-gallon bucket with pool water to within a few inches of the top
- Place the bucket on a pool step
- Mark the level of the water on the inside of the bucket
- Mark the level of the water on the outside of the bucket
- Turn off any auto fill and let the pool pump run normally
- Do not use the pool for 24 hours
Conclusion: After 24 hours, compare the water level of the two lines. If the water in the pool has gone down more than the water inside the bucket, your pool probably has a leak. If the water levels remained the same, water loss is due to normal pool evaporation and use.
Think your pool has a leak? Call us for a free estimate. We are always happy to provide our pool leak detection services and discuss your issue over the phone with you.