You may be able to find a leak, and your efforts will narrow the list of possibilities when professional help is needed. Here is a checklist to be your own pool detective:
- Look at pool equipment for moisture or obvious leaks.
- Check the fittings that go into or out of the pool pump, filter, or heater.
- See if pump lids, valves, or seals are leaking.Look at the waste line to see if the multi-port valve is leaking.
- Water should not flow or drip from the backwash line.
- Perform your own dye test. Drop a small amount of dye (from a pool supply store) near the suspected leak. The dye will flow with the water into the leak.